Treatment Specials for October
October is Breast Cancer awareness month
Taking responsibility for your own breast health is a good preventative measure, especially since mammograms are only geared up for scanning early breast cancer detection. We would like to share some advice to help keep your breasts healthy.
Give yourself regular active self-massage.
1. Using the palm of your hand, begin at the armpit and massage in circular motion down the side of the body, and then in towards the nipple. This helps with lymphatic flow and brings fresh blood to the breast tissue.
2. From under the armpit squeeze down the side of your body to the base of the ribs picking up the flesh between the fingers and palm. The mechanical action of squeezing can help prevent the growth of cancer cells in breasts.
Regular exercise is important to prevent the body from becoming sluggish, as this can obstruct the lymph from removing unwanted toxins.
Brisk walking, running, cycling, Yoga and Pilates, all help the flow of lymph and release hormones that may protect against breast cancer, plus it helps us maintain a healthy weight — which further helps to reduce our risk.
Dry Skin Brush
This is one of the easiest ways to detoxify and support the body’s natural elimination processes. One third of your body’s toxins are excreted through the skin and dry brushing helps to unclog pores and excrete toxins that become trapped in the skin.
Use a long handle dry skin brush. Stand in the shower and before you turn on the water begin brushing your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Always brush toward your heart. Take care as you brush over more sensitive areas, like your breasts. The process only takes a few minutes, then turn on the shower and cleanse.
We can help kick start your October breast health regime with a Chakra Balancing Treatment. This combines Aveda chakra aromas, deep tissue massage and reflexology to improve and balance your overall wellbeing.
Our experienced and expert team of massage therapists are here to support you.
Thai Foot Massage at Vidatherapy
This wonderful treatment is becoming increasingly popular in the West as we have become aware of its incredible healing benefits.
A good Thai foot massage not only leaves your feet feeling wonderful but it also promotes healing and relaxation in many other parts of the body too.
As a holistic treatment Thai foot massage can have the following benefits:
• Relieves stress
• Promotes restful sleep
• Increases circulation
• Increases immunity
• Reduces stiffness and improves flexibility
• Encourages physical healing
• Lifts your mood
• Increases alertness and creativity
• Leaves you with a feeling of tranquility, calmness and well being
A treatment involves a warm, gentle foot cleanse, followed by work on the lower legs and feet, using a traditional Thai foot massage stick to support elements of acupressure, reflexology, massage and stretching. Warm towels are used to enhance the relaxation effects.