“A treatment with Liz Evans is always a calming and reviving experience. Her gentle nature leaves you feeling truly relaxed and nutured. I have been a regular client of Liz’s for many years now (Reflexolgy/Indian Head massage). I cannot recommend her enough.” Olivia April 2013
Liz Evans MAR, MRSS
Training & Qualifications
Liz is a fully qualified Reflexologist and Shiatsu practitioner. She started her Shiatsu training in Japan and qualified in England at the London College of Shiatsu in 1996 and continued to train in Reflexology.
- 1999 she completed her Reflexology training with the Practitioners School of Reflexology.
- Proceeded to do courses in Pregnancy Reflexology with Lena Chandler.
- Hot Stonefusion Reflexology with Jing Advanced Massage & Training.
- 2006 qualified as an Infant Massage Instructor with Jing Advanced Massage & Training.
Liz’s experience in bodywork ranges from working in London hospitals to private practice as well as operating in the corporate environment.
- Liz is an NHS registered Reflexologist,http://www.aor.org.uk/
- Member of the Association of Reflexologists.
- Member of the Shiatsu Society. http://www.shiatsusociety.org/
- Please visit Liz’s website for more information: www.lizevanstherapies.co.uk
Reflexology is a form of therapeutic foot massage, which aims to remove blockages in the body’s energy and to create harmony. During the session, “reflex” points are worked on the feet. These are specific areas, which correspond to each part of the body: the organs, glands, skeletal system etc. The aim is to stimulate areas of weakness and to cultivate relaxation. In the first session an in depth consultation is taken, detailing the client’s medical history and establishing their desired outcomes. When treating a particular problem, a course of treatments is recommended – taken over a period of time they will have an accumulative effect.
Conditions Reflexology may help to support include:
- Hormonal imbalances & fertility issues
- Stress related digestive disorders
- Disturbed sleep patterns
- Joint pain & general aches & pains
- Low immune system
- Lack of energy & stamina
- Emotional upsets & anxiety
Hot Stonefusion Reflexology
This deeply relaxing treatment was originally developed in one of the top spa sanctuaries in California – bringing together the therapeutic dimension of Reflexology with the luxurious warmth of hot basalt stones. The neck & shoulder area are treated first; the volcanic stones are then placed beneath the shoulder blades whilst the feet are worked with smaller heated pebbles in the traditional “reflex” areas. As with normal Reflexology, particular attention is paid to problem areas, while working on the body as a whole to create harmony in body, mind & spirit. These powerful sessions have the ability to help the client truly unwind and let go.
Reflexology for Pregnancy
Specialized Pregnancy Reflexology treatments generally begin in the 2nd trimester and continue throughout the pregnancy up until the birth. Specific points and “reflex” areas are used in each treatment according to individual needs. From the 38th week onwards the aim is to help facilitate labour. Each session is an ideal opportunity for the client to enjoy feeling relaxed and nourished, while allowing any intense feelings to be expressed safely and gently.
Pregnancy Reflexology may help with the following:
- Alleviation of morning sickness
- Coping with the bodily/emotional changes
- Soothing nerves & calming sensitivity
- Allowing “time-out” for the mother-to-be • Cultivating the relationship between mother & child
- Giving a greater chance of labour starting naturally
Shiatsu is a Japanese massage therapy, which stimulates and balances
the body’s energy flows. The treatment takes place on a futon at floor level with the client remaining clothed (loose flexible clothing is best). This enables the practitioner to work with natural leaning pressure and gravity to create a sense of ”grounding” and relaxation. During the session pressure is applied to the body with thumbs, palms, elbows and knees. Gentle stretching and rotations are also used to help loosen any stiff areas, resulting in a soothing, nurturing treatment.
Shiatsu can help support the following problems:
- Backache & muscular pain
- Tension headaches & migraines
- Neck & shoulder stiffness
- Stress & anxiety
- Digestive complaints
- Irregular menstrual cycles & fertility issues
Find out about treatment prices